Most of the statistics you read today may be noise, but there’s also relevant information out there. In this article, we will attempt to explore some of the relevant, updated and unbelievably non-complex data about laser tag for your research. There’s also a lot of information right there that could be hoax, but in this article, we will provide the clearest, and simplest industry statistics that will benefit you. Let’s start.
1. In the latest 2016 data, it is pointed out that businesses will start recuperating on their investments in laser tag amusement parks during eight to eighteen months. It is also shown by research by Nassim Taleb that businesses like this should require conservative investment. People should not risk themselves to ruin by putting all their money in laser tag investment because the nature of the business is that it is erratic. Source: http://www.thewoweffect.com/PDF/LaserTagRevealed.pdf
2. There’s also less competition in the world of laser tag. When you talk about fast food, there are already giants today, such as McDonald’s, Dairy Queen and Burger King. When you talk about video content production, there’s already Sutukil Sauce, Bisaya Short Films, and Hollywood producers. In the world of laser tag, you still don’t have a giant name ready to eat the entire market share. Research suggests that this is a good thing for those who want to invest in laser tags because this means there’s easy entry for those start-ups, unlike in other industries.
3. There’s also enough research from people selling laser tag businesses that laser tag is overtaking the bowling industry regarding popularity. In fact, it shows that laser tag will slowly begin to outpace bowling as the number one American pastime in 2021 and 2032. These are just predictions, and Nassim Taleb suggests that you should never ask a barber if you need a haircut, which translates that the information you read from sellers of the product should be taken with a grain of salt.
4. It has been shown in latest studies that the best months for laser tag parks would be March, December and August. The worse months for laser tag would be in May, January, and September. You should take note of these months to know if the business you’re entering would be successful and would be doable.
5. Another important topic with regards to laser tag is being able to pursue a comprehensive score statistics that will be reliable for players. Right now the players may sometimes not get the actual scores when they play laser tag. There should be a new tracking system that will enable people to see and compare their scores across a broad group of players.
6. There’s also enough research today showing the vast bulk of the income from laser tag companies would be because of birthday parties and event reservations compared to walk-ins. There’s not a lot of walk-in people right now who go to a laser tag business and just out of nowhere decide to play the game. 90% of the time, people reserve their slots in advance. You should understand these statistics to know what kind of marketing campaign to do to supplement your laser tag business. On top of that information, the age group of seven to thirteen who are celebrating birthday parties are usually the most popular age bracket which may be made excited by laser tag. There’s also enough record showing that sports teams, church groups, and social groups are also usually the groups that are most likely going to buy into laser tag games.
7. There’s also the report showing that even during the recession, children are still playing laser tag games. There’s, in fact, a growth of laser tag engagement after the recession. This may be because that no matter the occasion, parents still usually plan to hold their parties in laser tag parks. This is also a good indicator that shows how much potential there is to laser tag business today. However, make sure you hedge yourself against ruin and consider not using all of your money in the investment in case the industry blows up.
8. According to data since 2008, there is about 9% of compound annual growth rate (CARG) in laser tag facilities. This is an indication that there’s a lot of laser tag familiarity among people. There’s in fact a phenomenal growth right now of the number of people who are familiar with laser tag facilities.
9. There’s also enough evidence showed by research groups that the number of bowling alleys today is declining. If this number continues, it may mean that the rise of laser tags will replace the bowling alley facilities between 7 to 18 years from today.
The impact of laser tag to the industry is significant. Many bowling alleys seem to get replaced by laser tag facilities. With this article, you now have an idea why.