Last Updated: September 6, 2017
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Services. For example, we collect information you provide to us when you register for an account, create a user profile, write a product review, participate in a contest or survey, use our Contact Us form or otherwise communicate with us. Such information may include your name, email address, biographic information, social media handle, social media profile and/or website URL, picture and any other information you choose to provide. We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect on our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social media service, we will have access to certain information from that third party service, such as your name and account information, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such service.
When you access or use our Services, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Services through your computer, we automatically log your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before navigating to our Services. Additionally, when you visit our Services through your mobile device, we may also collect your unique device ID, device make and model, device IP address, mobile web browser type and version and mobile carrier. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Services.
Web Beacons. We may collect information using web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Services or in our emails. We use web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- operate and improve our Services;
- provide and deliver products and services and send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions and rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Digital Trends and our selected partners;
- process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- link or combine with other information we obtain from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using our websites or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share information about you as follows:
- with your consent or at your direction;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and need access to your information to carry out their work for us;
- with other companies that we partner with to offer contests, surveys or questionnaires when you opt-in to this type of sharing (for California residents, please see “Your California Privacy Rights” below for more information);
- in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- if we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property and safety of Digital Trends or others; and
- in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
SOCIAL SHARING FEATURES
The Services may offer social plug-ins (such as the Facebook “Like” button) or other tools or features which let you share actions you take on our Services with other websites, and vice versa. The use of such social sharing features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
Digital Trends takes reasonable measures to help protect information we collect about you in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
Account Information. You may update, correct or delete your account information at any time by logging into your account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your information for a certain period of time.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Digital Trends by following the instructions in those emails or by modifying your preferences in your account settings. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights. California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com. However, please note that under the law, a business is not required to provide this information if it permits California residents to opt-in to, or opt-out of, this type of sharing. Digital Trends qualifies for this alternative option by providing you with the ability to opt-in to such sharing at the time we collect information about you.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Digital Trends may change this Policy from time to time. If we make any changes to this Policy, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the Policy, and in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you an email notification). We encourage you to review this Policy whenever you access the Services to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at:
111 SW 5th Ave, Suite 1000
Phoenix, AZ, USA, 86693
Phone: (480) 336-9669
Fax: (602) 369-6693